ALTA Settlement Statements: ALTA has developed standardized ALTA Settlement Statements for title insurance and settlement companies to use to itemize all the fees and charges that both the homebuyer and seller must pay during the settlement process of a housing transaction.
NEW! Documents Related to TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) -
- CFPB "Your Home Loan Toolkit: A Step by Step Guide"
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Operational Considerations (Whitepaper)
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Training Manual - This manual is intended to provide a basic overview of the new rules and disclosures.
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Reference Manual - This is a comprehensive manual intended to be used as a reference for questions pertaining to the new disclosures. This manual is 300 pages an includes relevant rules and CFBP guides combined into a single resource.
- TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Forms Manual – This manual includes all of the CFBP sample forms and helpful summary charts.
- Presentation from March 18 and 19, 2015 TILA-RESPA Integrated Disclosures (TRID) Seminars presented by Mike Aiken, Investors Title
It's Here! Investors Title Insurance Company Announces "TRID--Together We're Prepared" Seminar Series Available Through On-Demand Educational Portal
- TRID Module I - General Rules (1 hour)
- TRID Module II - Loan Estimate (1 hour)
- TRID Module III - Closing Disclosures (1 hour)
Click HERE to for instructions on how you may register your account and view these webinars.
Flyers, Brochures and Educational Webinars
- Title Opinion vs. Title Policy
- Title Search vs. Title Policy
- Why You Need Title Insurance
- Title Insurance Basics: Understanding Title Insurance Coverage (View Webinar or Title Insurance Basics PowerPoint Presentation and ALTA Commitment Form [sample])
- Short Title Talk Webinar - Easements - Click here to view the 5 minute webinar
- Looking for Financial Stability In Your Title Insurer? Look No Further.
- 5 Reasons for Obtaining Owners Title Insurance
- Common ALTA Endorsements
- The Investors Title Claims Process
- Commercial Title Insurance Services
- Basic Guidelines for Like-Kind Exchanges
- Assets to Be Protected -- What is Non-Public Private Information?
Glossary of Terms and Other Related Links to Title and Settlement Information
- Real Estate Terms and Definitions in Plain English
- Glossary of Real Estate Terms from HUD.GOV
- Foreclosure Real Estate Terms
- What is a Cloud on Title?
- Information on RESPA - Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Your guide to the HUD-1 settlement statement
- The Closing Process - HomeClosing101.org
Associations and Professional Organizations
- Investors Title Insurance Company
- Virginia Bankers Association
- Virginia Mortgage Lenders Associations
- American Bar Association
- Ancestry.com/ Social Security Death Index
- NANPA Area Code Map
- Virginia Counties Map
- Better Business Bureau
For access to current editions of Virginia Banking - the official publication of the Virginia Bankers Association CLICK HERE
Other Useful Sites